What are massage oils used for?
The history of massage therapy dates back to 3000 BC (or earlier) in India, where it was considered a sacred system of natural healing. Massage has been considered a form of complementary and substitute form of healing therapy for hundreds of years. Massage is believed to restore the body’s natural and physical balance so that it can heal naturally. Using massage oils has been scientifically proven to improve blood circulation, help nerves become healthier, keep skin healthy, get rid of toxins from the body and aid in better and deeper sleep at night. Massage oils can also help with reducing joint stiffness, easing stress and reviving energy. For kids, massage oils are important as massaging aids them to build stronger bones and also reduces the development of gas and stomach torments. Choosing the right body oil is the secret to unlocking the best benefits of body massage. The interaction with the skin not only improves its health from the outside but also influences overall health.
Types of massage oils
- 1) Almond oil – Almond oil is full of vitamin A and because of its antibacterial properties, it can be used to treat acne. Its concentration of vitamin E can also help to heal sun damage, reduce the signs of ageing, and give a healthy glow.
- 2) Jojoba oil – It retains moisture in the skin by sealing the skin with a protective barrier. This not only keeps the skin hydrated, supple, and moisturized but also fights bacterial growth3)Olive oil – Olive oil is packed with healthy vitamins, fats, and antioxidants, and these components can contribute to healthier-looking skin. It cleanses skin and increases collagen which lowers the risk of acne and reduces signs of early ageing.
- 3) Essential oils – Essential oils like peppermint, eucalyptus, rosemary or lavender oils can add to a lot of health benefits. These oils help improve circulation and provide relief for a lot of skin problems. Eucalyptus oil can reduce the inflammation associated with muscle strain. 4) Rosemary oil can help with fatigue and aches. Lavender offers relaxing benefits and the essential oil has been attributed to helping wounds heal faster.
Top Massage oil brands and USPs:
- Khadi Natural- Khadi Natural products are free of harmful chemicals and the products are made with ayurvedic formulations that have healing properties and help in reducing stress and anxiety, nourish skin and leave skin feeling soft, smooth, and conditioned.
- Johnson’s Baby oil – Johnson's Baby Oil from Johnson & Johnson is a dermatologically and allergy test brand that makes products for babies, their baby oil is rich in Vitamin E, and nourishes skin, mounding the skin to be flushed and soft.
- Kerala Ayurveda Kumkumadi oil- enhances skin’s radiance and glow, reduces dark spots, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, and scars, retains the elasticity of the skin and gives it a youthful bounce.
- Soulflower Essential Oil Eucalyptus – provides relief from sunburn and relieves cold and cough symptoms.
- Mcaffeine Naked and raw coffee body polishing oil – polishes skin and reduces cellulite and stretch marks.
Frequently Asked Questions
All massage oils May not be safe in the first trimester of pregnancy due to the oil’s concentration, so it’s best to consult a doctor about it.
Some massage oils can cause acne, it’s best to read through the ingredients list first for allergies and consult a dermatologist. Choose the oil based on your skin type.
Oil massages can help build stronger muscles and bones in babies, it also keeps the baby’s skin soft and supple.
- Massage oils are formulated for external use, therefore these are not edible.
Yes, massage oils can cause a fire.