Buy toothbrushes online at PharmEasy!
A smile can light up a whole room. Healthy and hygienic teeth are the key to a beautiful smile. Brushing your teeth is the most important step for maintaining impeccable oral hygiene. So investing in an excellent toothbrush can be a game changer for maintaining your oral hygiene. Buy the best toothbrushes at your convenience from the PharmEasy Online store! Explore the variety of brands and options to choose from. Find the perfect toothbrush to make a part of your morning routine.
What are toothbrushes used for?
Toothbrushes are instruments that are used to clean teeth, gums, and tongues. They are fitted with thickly packed bristles at one end which acts as the cleaner. Generally, it is used with a pea-sized amount of toothpaste to better clean teeth. Brushing your teeth regularly is one of the basic healthy habits. According to the doctor's recommendations, brushing your teeth once or twice a day is good. Brushing helps remove plaque and food particles stuck on the teeth.
Types of Toothbrushes
- Manual toothbrushes: It is the most common type of brush present in our households. There are some factors such as bristle hardness, and the shape of the head for toothbrushes. Depending upon those factors, manual toothbrushes are further classified.
- Bristle hardness: Soft bristles are mostly recommended. Though hard bristles are available in the market, they can harm the teeth's health in the long run.
- Head shape: Though most heads are conventionally round or squared off, a diamond is an optimal shape. It reaches the ends of the mouth better.
- Bristle pattern: Various patterns like criss-cross, wavy, and tapered are available. You should choose the pattern according to your needs and comfort.
- Handle Design: Handles are designed for better grip and comfort.
- Electric toothbrushes: An electric toothbrush cleans inaccessible areas by rotating its bristles. Although these brushes are usually more expensive, they are easier to use when brushing. Simply push the button to activate the toothbrush, then wait for it to finish. Some even include timers to make brushing more efficient. It has been found that as compared to routine side-to-side brushing, the multidirectional power brush may lower the occurrence of gingivitis and plaque. It can be further subdivided according to the speed of its movement. They are standard, sonic, and ultrasonic.
- Interdental toothbrushes: An inter-dental brush is also known as an interproximal brush. It is a small, typically disposable brush that is used to clean between teeth and between the wires of dental braces and the teeth. It may come with a reusable angled plastic handle or it may be built into the brush itself. The interdental space is cleaned using it, in essence. When used in conjunction with teeth cleaning, interdental brushes have been found to minimize plaque buildup and the likelihood of developing gingivitis.
- Ecological toothbrushes: They are toothbrushes with biodegradable components like bamboo or pig bristles, wooden handles, and/or interchangeable heads. They attempt to stay away from plastic, which worsens pollution. Since the majority of people use plastic toothbrushes that are readily available, every time we replace our toothbrushes, pollution rises. There is a lot of support for ecological toothbrushes to preserve our natural environment.
Top brands for toothbrushes
- Colgate: It is one of the most popular oral hygiene brands in India. Colgate not only carries toothbrushes in amazing varieties, but also other products like toothpaste and mouthwash. They are known for their quality, affordable products.
- Oral-B: Also one of India's biggest names in oral hygiene. They carry toothbrushes of every type and variety. The extensive range ensures that there is something for everyone.
- Perfora: Perfora is one of the most trusted brands for the best electric toothbrushes. They carry a range of affordable products which are also child safe. To find an electric toothbrush best suitable for you, just look at their collection. It showcases various shapes and bristles patterns for electric toothbrushes.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is recommended that toothbrushes be changed every three months or earlier if bristles appear frayed.
Ideally, you should brush your teeth twice daily- once after dinner to make sure no food particles stick to the teeth. And once in the morning, you should brush your teeth to clean the overnight plaque buildup.
Brushing too hard can affect the enamel layer and harm your teeth. Applying moderate force is recommended.
You should store your brush in an open, well-ventilated place. Then the toothbrush can air dry properly after use. If not dried properly, bacteria can grow on it.